Available Position: General Manager, Business Development (Cape Town or as agreed)
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Type: Full Time
Reports to: CEO
Inclusivity Solutions is a dynamic, digital insurance solutions provider that focuses on providing commercially-viable, high-client-value insurance products targeted to low- and middle-income consumers across the world. Inclusivity brings key industry knowledge and experience along with a robust insurance platform to help quickly, efficiently, and effectively launch digital insurance initiatives in collaboration with a variety of local-based partners including mobile network operators, banks retailers, insurance companies, reinsurance companies, and governments.
- Representing the Inclusivity Brand in current and new client engagements and public fora
- Driving Inclusivity’s growth aspirations through proactive sales as well as managing client requests and inquiries including leading on proposals.
- Leveraging existing contacts to best effect to secure new partners
- Lead on research and analysis of prospective partners to support the development of the pipeline
- Demonstrate creativity in brainstorming new products / services for partners including contributing to the product development and design
- Overall be the champion for Inclusivity’s growth aspirations
- Develop and implement a customer (MNO / Bank) acquisition and retention strategy
- Continuously provide leadership and guidance on the new business opportunities for Inclusivity Solutions.
- Playing a variety of ad-hoc roles and maintaining flexibility in order to help Inclusivity Solutions grow
- Working as part of the top-level management, while also thriving autonomously
- Driving broader stakeholder management and presence, while bearing in mind the company’s high-level goals, mission and vision.
- Serving as the face of the company at all times. Presenting and “selling” the concept of Inclusivity to others and building the profile of the company.
- Representing Inclusivity Solutions at various conferences and global events
- Extensive travel is expected of this position (50-75% of time)
- At least 5 years experience in business development required, particularly in digital financial services and working with MNOs and Banks
- Has a clear track record of achieving & exceeding sales and/or business development targets and deadlines
- Postgraduate qualifications, preferable
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining complex relationships within large multinational organisations
- Strong interpersonal skills, outgoing, and driven by engaging with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced unstructured environment i.e. non-corporate!
- Proven resilience to overcome challenges and maintain progress in the face of project obstacles
- Strong quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English with excellent written & verbal communication skills (other languages including French, Portuguese or Spanish are an advantage)
- Highly driven, determined & business oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively is required
- And overall a passion for having social impact through Inclusive Fintech
To apply, please send your CV along with a cover letter expressing your interest to:
Jeremy Leach, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org