Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Type: Full Time
Reports to: GM Technology
Inclusivity Solutions are experts in creating inclusive digital insurance markets. We aim to bridge the insurance protection gap in Emerging Markets by offering new insurance products that are simple, affordable and accessible. Our core model relies on partnerships with mobile operators, insurers and other financial institutions where we provide the platform and expertise to operate insurance products on our partners’ behalf. Inclusivity Solutions designs and delivers insurance solutions that meet the needs of emerging consumers, by leveraging scalable digital channels such as mobile phones to reach the greatest number of people.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation
The role will be charged with building scalable, sustainable systems from project inception right through to production. Our experts’ code to the best of their ability to ensure the highest level of quality in our digital products. Our seniors are expected to spend most of their time coding in multiple applications from front to back-end (and from web to mobile).
- Design, code and implement multiple projects: platforms and programming languages vary.
- Understanding of good programming principles to solve complex problems.
- Capability to design and draw out technical architecture components.
- Logically split solutions into functional groups, catering for both performance and ease of use.
- Strong object oriented & Java 8.
- Solid skills with Spring (4 preferred), Hibernate / JPA.
- Writing testable code, the tests.
- Continuous Integration & Agile experience.
- Experience using a wiki to build out our technical designs and documentation
- Deployments – You are going to support what you build, so ensure you can.
- REST services
- Linux (servers) & Mac (dev)
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Capability to setup infrastructure from OS to Prod build
- Test Driven Development
- Domain Driven Design
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- One big open-minded approach to learning
- Work closely with software engineers, quality assurance, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- Write quality, complex codes that meet the highest standards
- Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity
- Be highly driven, determined and business oriented
- Guide fellow developers on proper design and ensure compliance with team or organisational standards
- Design solutions to address business and IT problems
- Implement code based on designed architectures
- Implement and deploy full stack, from development to product
- Provide support and coaching as required on our solutions
- Harbour excellent communication skills with the ability to influence senior client business and IT executives on technical decisions
- Make informed decisions quickly drawing from experience across a wide technical stack
To apply, please send your CV along with a cover letter expressing your interest to:
Tibo Zafack Takadong, GM Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org