Available Position: Software Developer (Cape Town)
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Type: Full Time
Reports to: GM Technology
Inclusivity Solutions are experts in creating inclusive digital insurance markets. We apply global experience and best practice to help mobile operators, insurers and other partners deliver sustainable insurance solutions for emerging consumers.
Inclusivity Solutions delivers insurance solutions that meet the needs of emerging consumers and leverage the ubiquity of digital channels, such as mobile phones, to reach the greatest number of people. We provide the strategy, product and process design, implementation support, and platforms to not only introduce and grow insurance solutions, but also to build sustainable inclusive insurance markets.
Purpose of the Position
The role will be charged with building scalable, sustainable systems from project inception right through to production. Our experts code to the best of their ability to ensure the highest level of quality in our digital products.
Our developers are expected to spend most of their time coding in multiple applications from front to back-end (and from web to mobile).
• Design, code and implement multiple projects: platforms and programming languages vary.
• Understanding of good programming principles to solve complex problems.
• Capability to design and draw out technical architecture components.
• Logically split solutions into functional groups, catering both for performance and ease of use.
• Strong object oriented & Java 8.
• Solid skills with Spring (4 preferred), Hibernate / JPA.
• Writing testable code, the tests.
• Continuous Integration & Agile experience.
• Experience using a wiki to help build out our technical designs and documentation
• Deployments – You are going to support what you build, so ensure you can.
• REST services
• Linux (servers) & Mac (dev)
• Docker / Kubernetes
• Capability to setup infrastructure from OS to Prod build
• Test Driven Development
• Domain Driven Design
• Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
• One big open-minded approach to learning
• Work closely with software engineers, quality assurance, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
• Writing top notch, high standards, complex codes
• You will be closely working with product team
• Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity
• Highly driven, determined & business oriented
• Guide fellow developers on proper design and ensure compliance with team or organizational standards
• Designing solutions to Business and IT problems
• Coding Implementing based on designed architectures
• Implementing and deploying from dev to prod.
• Provide needed support and coaching as needed on our solutions.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence senior client business and IT executives on technology decisions
• Make informed decisions quickly drawing from experience across a wide technical stack
To apply, please send your CV along with a cover letter expressing your interest to:
Tibo Zafack Takadong, GM: Technology, email@example.com