Inclusivity Solutions Privacy Notice
Last updated 3 August 2021
WHO WE ARE:
Inclusivity Solutions is an inclusive insurtech that designs, builds, operates and innovates digital insurance solutions that enable financial inclusion and address the protection gap in emerging markets. We partner with mobile operators, banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions to deliver simple and affordable insurance cover through mobile phones.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION:
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you send us a message through our website or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, location and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our Site. We collect information about your use of our Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you.
SHARING OF INFORMATION:
We may share information about you:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers and partners who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- With your consent or at your direction; and
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS:
WHEN WILL WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We keep your information dependent on the regulations in country. For example, in Kenya, insurance data must be retained for 7 years.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge you a fee for this service.
- You may also request Inclusivity Solutions to correct or supplement any of your personal data which Inclusivity Solution swill undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. Inclusivity Solutions will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting Inclusivity Solutions from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Name: Inclusivity Solutions
HOW TO COMPLAIN:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za